Monday, September 01, 2008

Eraserheads Concert

Went to watch the Eraserheads Reunion Concert last Aug. 30 (which also happened to be my birthday).

I was seriously excited to see them all play together (in one stage) after all these years..
When they started the 20-minute countdown, Scott and I were shouting with the crowd. We even made a bet that once the timer hits 2 minutes, people will shout even more.. (hahaha). Once they started playing Alapaap, Scott and I were "starstruck" kumbaga..

Over-all (after Ely's hospital incident and all), it was an okay concert.
It was amazing to see them all performing live.. Man, these people literally shaped OPM music history! Haha..maaga pa.. pero living legends na sila.. hahaha...

Anway, I'm not sure if Scott and I were really in a bad place.. Kasi I honestly saw them perform better.. I mean, they sounded good - but something was missing. I guess it was the chemistry -given the rift that remains unsettled I guess. I'll give them a 10 for everything.. except siguro for "stage performance:' (yah, di naman to singing contest), pero I was waiting for them to connect more with their fans.. (I'm a performer myself and boy, I should know..)

Scott and I weren't sure if these guys were really enjoying themselves up there.. My concept kasi of a really good performance (aside from getting the whole technical aspect right) is that it has to be 1) enjoyed by the audience and 2) enjoyed by the performers themselves. Given that I was unfortunate to secure a VIP or SVIP pass (for reasons I'm at a lost with...), I was watching from the patron section. This unfortunately did not help me assess the band's actual "enjoyment" of the moment... (ahahaha)

Anyway, I was disappointed that they had to cut short their gig. Sayang lang, didn't get to see them play sa Saguijo. (Nagutom na kasi ako..) Perhaps, Ely could have already assessed in the first place his capacity to play a full-set. Wala namang pipilit sa kanya kung di pa niya talaga kaya. Madali naman mag-resched. Anyway, the set-back actually "forces" ? them to play again.. (wohoo!)

I wish Ely a speedy recovery...

"Next time, sana mag-spiel pa sila on stage.. haha"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

gulong.. gulong lang ng gulong..

Page Hits: free-counters.net @ free hit counters