Friday, November 26, 2004

In the Blog Mood

i love you... shucks...

I am in a “blog-write” mood today.

Today, there was a transport-strike. I was not in the mood to go to school today. However, fearful of incurring an absence for my STS class, I still decided to go to school Good thing, a friend informed me that classes were already cancelled for the rest of the afternoon. (kaya lang… I was already on my way..hehe)

When I got home I decided to finish clipping the newspaper ads that I will be needing for my thesis. It was pretty tiring to do, and this made me fall asleep.

After dinner time, I resumed clipping the ads and came across an article that I would like to share.


Broken Silence
by Oliver M. Tuazon (Manila Bulletin, October 23, 2004)


People change by dint of affection.

They say that each family has its own black sheep. I find that unfair. It makes parents compare their children subconsciously and label the least attractive child as black sheep.

It is true that some children bring “shame to the family name.” It is a complex issue where much of the blame falls on the child. Might It not rather also be the fault of the parents and the other members of the family? Lets look at eh story of Mr. Black Sheep.

He was his school principal’s favorite. Fist fighting was his favorite sport and his favorite hobby was making girls cry. He liked going home early. Well, early in the morning of the following day, normally after a drinking spree with his barkada.

In his worst moment of being ‘under the influence’, he could barley stand up; he was literally vomiting his guts out. But he felt he had to go home – creeping. The reaction of his father that morning changed him the rest of his life. Instead of the usual reproach, his father helped him up and made him hot porridge and black coffee.

While eating, he promised himself, “I will never get drunk again”

Truly, people changes not so much with the corrections and scolding we give them, but more with the love and affection we show them.

While love is in the will, affection involves much of human affectivity – the realm of one’s feelings and emotions. Hence, for one to give authentic affection, one has to love first, since willing is a much higher human faculty than feeling.

I am not saying we should avoid correcting mistakes. Its is not just a duty of love, but of justice as well, to correct a spouse, a child, a brother, a sister, a friend, and even one’s parents. But we should learn to correct people with and out of love.

I am looking forward to go to school tomorrow. I’m getting a couple of CDs I asked Tasha to buy for me: Bridge (which includes the song “Kahit Na”) and Sponge Cola (which has “Lunes” and “Jeepney”).

I want more pizza.. (wink wink)

Happy Birthday Ma. Krizette Hermoso! (my beloved thesis partner!) eheheh.. :)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

gulong.. gulong lang ng gulong..

Page Hits: free-counters.net @ free hit counters