Sunday, December 19, 2004

Christmas Party (part one)

i love you... shucks...

Tomorrow na Christmas Party with the Mafia. The only problem is I’m broke as hell. I need 500 bucks to survive this one. The barkada was suppose to rent this house with a swimming pool (bad news though, I have no plans of swimming in the middle of December) Hirap talaga ng hindi nakapagipon – come to think that I have another Christmas party with the Dose on Ali’s birthday. I have gifts for the girls, and none for the boys (sensya, austerity measures talaga ito). Well guys, I still love you all. (and you know I’m more generous on regular days..)

I’m going to sleep over tomorrow at Dianne’s place. It sounds high school, but I don’t really care. I like going to Dianne’s place just to talk about stuff. Jill will be there as well, I miss her a lot… and we need to maximize our bonding time with Jill because her Mom will be home soon. Jill’s Mom = martial law. Well, that’s the equation we formulated. Do the rest of the math.

I’m just so glad to see all my friends. After January, I have this hunch we’ll all be back to our busy lives (thesis mode for me… goodluck..)

Finally, I was able to persuade my dad to purchase the Magic Sing Mic that I’ve been praying for so long. (happy, more videoke singing for me) Went grocery shopping with the whole family. Got tired pushing carts and looking for stuff sa grocery na I wasn’t really familiar with. The fun part of shopping though was I got to pick the kind of food that will fill our pantry. (yum, yum.. so much for weight loss, hehe)

My aunt called me up this morning just to say that my older cousin passed the local nursing board exams (good for her..) The only problem – I feel that I’m getting really pressured to take the course in medical transcription so I can go to the States and follow the rest of the family (almost all of my cousins are either nurses or PTs in the US). There is no economic future here in the Philippines (and there’s a grain of truth to it..)

This song from Jimmie's Chicken Shack has been playing in my head:

Won't make the bed up straight
I always stay out late
I never take you out, ask what your all about,
I always smell like smoke
Everything's just a joke,
I never look at you when you come hear me sing

These are not all ofthe many simple things you cant find wrong with me..

I never talk to you
Be who you want me to,
My music's way too loud
My friends areall so proud
Say im just wasted hope
I could not thread the rope
More than my pockets broke
and you don't see a ring

These are not all of the infinitesimal things you can find wrong with me
Once would you tell me please

What do I do that is right.
what do I do, what do I do what do I do,
what do I do right

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

gulong.. gulong lang ng gulong..

Page Hits: free-counters.net @ free hit counters